We live in a world where appearance is more important. One of these external beauty standards is to have large, firm and attractive breasts. However, the price of breast lift and breast implant surgeries is very high. That’s why people are looking for help from insurance policies. A common question that arises from this is whether insurance covers breast lift. To answer this question, it is very important to understand the insurance policy.
There are certain conditions under which breast lift surgery may be covered by insurance. Therefore, it is important to understand these conditions. Otherwise, you will have to pay the full cost of your breast lift surgery..
So, in what cases does insurance cover breast lift?
It is important to understand that insurance policies cover medical procedures. Although breast lift is a medical procedure, it is not a procedure that involves human health. It falls under the scope of cosmetic procedures. For this reason, it is generally not possible for breast lift surgery to be covered by insurance.
However, there may be exceptions if surgery is deemed medically necessary. For example, if a breast lift is recommended to relieve physical discomfort or pain caused by sagging breasts, insurance may consider covering the procedure. It is important to consult with both the surgeon and the insurance provider to determine eligibility and gather information about the specific criteria for coverage.
In what cases does insurance cover breast lift surgery?
There are certain conditions under which breast lift surgery may be covered by insurance.
These conditions are as follows:
- If you have written medical evidence that your breast lift surgery is not for cosmetic purposes only. The insurance company then covers the surgery.
- Written evidence must be from a registered doctor. This document is usually cross-verified by the insurance company with the hospital and doctor.
- Breast sagging and sagging are the main medical conditions for which breast lift is recommended. However, it is divided into many degrees depending on the conditions.
- Therefore, insurance coverage is affected by these degrees of breast sagging and sagging.
- High-grade conditions are often covered by insurance policies.
- If breast sagging and drooping have started to hinder your daily activities, the insurance policy will cover the surgery.
- Disruption in daily activities, severe pain in the chest, itching, discomfort in movement, etc. It means.
Average cost of breast lift
Your insurance may cover 70% of your surgery costs. But this percentage may decrease depending on the degree of the disease. If we talk about the total price of breast surgery, it is around $2500. And this price is without insurance policy.
If you can afford this surgery without insurance then you can go for it. However, the average price may vary depending on conditions. Like doctors, pre-operative tests, medications, and hospital. So this is not the final price of the surgery.
Also note that insurance only covers the main surgery. In other words, medication and pre-check costs are not included in the insurance policy.
Now you have your answer: Does insurance cover breast lift surgeries? If your medical condition requires breast lift surgery. Only then will your health insurance cover this surgery. Otherwise, the surgery request will be rejected by the insurance company. Once all the paperwork for breast lift surgery is submitted, the insurance company will cross-check all the paperwork with the hospital.
This ensures that no one receives undue benefit from the insurance policy. Here you will find the answer to the most frequently asked question regarding insurance coverage for breast lift surgeries. Never try to fill out false claims for insurance money. You may find yourself facing serious legal problems.